FRES Media Materials Borrowing Policies
Welcome to the Library Media Center at Forest Ridge! It is our goal to foster a love of literature and reading in your child. We have reviewed our borrowing policies with your child and we ask that you familiarize yourself with our policies so that you can support your child in a positive media experience and a love of learning and reading. To that end we have certain expectations when your child checks out items from the Media Center. An item refers to a book, a video, or a book/cd combination (audio kit that comes in a bag).
· Kindergarten and 1st grade students are allowed to check out one item at a time from the Media Center. All 2nd-5th grade students are allowed to check out 2 items at a time. All 1st-5th grade students can visit the media center with a media pass throughout the week to return and/or check out material.
· Items are due back two weeks from the date they are checked out and may be renewed once.
· If a student wishes to renew an item that is already overdue the item needs to be brought to the media center to renew it.
· Overdue notices will be sent home with students for items that have not been returned by the due date.
· Students are expected to treat media materials with care; they need to inform a media staff member of any damage (torn or soiled pages, damaged bindings, etc.) that they find so that they are not held responsible upon return of a damaged item.
· Students are not to lend materials to other students once items have been checked out to them. The student that the item is checked out to will be held responsible for damage or loss.
· Payment is expected for items that are lost or damaged. This includes all books, videos, audio CDs, and bags for audio kits. The media staff asks that an item is not re-purchased by a family because we purchase items with library bindings in order to ensure quality items for our collection. When we send a payment request we do use exact replacement cost.
· In addition to weekly overdue notices payment requests for lost items will be sent home at the end of each quarter; requests for payment will initially be sent home upon receipt of damaged item(s).
- Students who have a balance on their account due to lost or damaged items may lose the privilege of participating in end of year activities.
Taking items home from the Media Center is a privilege that can be reviewed if a student
consistently shows disregard for library media center rules and policies.
If you wish to discuss any of these policies as they apply to your child, please feel free to contact Heather Tordella at email@example.com